Jamaican recipes that will make you say... YAH MON!
Can you say? "Hold the spice," Of course you can! These Jamaican Recipes will make
you the talk of the town, neighborhood, school, social club, church, campsite...you
You will impress your friends with these exotic recipes.
What is RSS?
Have you ever tried these Jamaican recipes: Brown Stewed Fish, Escovitch Fish, Curry Chicken, Goat Meat,
Rice & Peas, Seasoned Rice, Cabbage and Salt Fish, Cornmeal Porridge, Banana
Porridge, Sorrell, Ginger Beer, Calaloo and Dumplings, Bulla?
Or Plantain Tarts, Gizzarda, Top and Bottom, Asham, Beef Pattie and Coco Bread,
Bun & Cheese, Toto, Jerk Chicken, Yam & Banana with Saltfish, Bully Beef & Bread,
and Dutty Gal?
Or Shad & Banana, Red Herring & Crackers, Mackerel & Banana...to rahtid,
cuyah...eh...eh. a yahso it deh... YAH MON Oh! Sorry (I shall now switch to Her
Majesty's English) I got carried away.
Yes, it's easy to get carried away when talking/writing about these foods. I get the
mouth-watering effect that makes me hungry.
Some of the names of the foods mentioned in the above sentences may not sound
familiar to you, but don’t worry…you’ll become an expert cook making these dishes
in no time.
Another thing not to worry about is how you pronounce the names of the food…if you
don’t get it, big deal. Taste is what we are concerned about, not names.
And if you meet a Mr. or Mrs. brag & boast know-it-all Jamaican cook, be nice to him/her,
and try to get some of his/her method of cooking, believe me the knowledge wont
HOLD THE SPICE
In our three little restaurants in Atlanta, Georgia we have heard several people say
they like the Jamaican food but it’s “too spicy.” That’s before they try anything on
our menu…go figure.
And to their surprise, after tasting a sample of our food, such as Stew Chicken or
Oxtail, their expression was,"this is soooo good, can I have the recipe?" "mmm...Sure"
See, no need to hold the spice. Why? It isn’t hot and spicy at all.
You can cook any Jamaican food with or without hot peppers and it will taste just as
good. I do it all the time.
And you know, Jamaicans have children too, and children are not too happy about
eating anything that burns their mouths. Ask them.
We cook so that the family can enjoy the food, from the old to the young.
But seriously, when I give you these authentic Jamaican Recipes and you prepare
them following our directions you will say YAH MON, after sucessful completion of your cooking, or yell something
close to it.
In the meantime, "hold the spice" bottle until you drip it dry.
For Jamaican Recipes...Jamaican Recipes...Jamaican Recipes(ECHO)
Table of Contents
- Jamaican Drinks
- Common Jamaican Drinks for every occasion
- Jamaican Cooking
- Have you ever wondered how that Jamaican Cooking ever gets done?
- Jamaican Breakfast
- On Sundays, <b>Jamaican Breakfast</b> is like a dinner meal in many households throughout the island. You are presented with such a variety of foods that you become satisfied as soon as you sit dow
- Jamaican Snacks
- Many good things have been said about Jamaican snacks or snack foods by native and non-native lovers of Jamaican snacks.
- Jamaican Jerk Chicken, the Jamaican Barbecue.
- This Jamaican Jerk Chicken will make your party, Hot, Hot, Hot.
- Curry Goat, the other red meat.
- The other red meat of the English-speaking Caribbean, curry goat, is so common that a party without this delicious, juicy, succulent meat would be a waste of time
- Jamaican Rum
- Jamaican Rum is a medicinal aid, too. If you feel like you are about to have a cold or flu,
- Jamaican Vegetarian Food.
- Vegetarian Style Foods from Jamaica are rated among the best of the best in the Caribbean
- Taste of Jamaica, Jamaican Restaurants
- Jamaican Restaurants that bring you a taste of Jamaica in Atlanta, Georgia.
- jamaican recipes links
- jamaican-recipes link partners
- Internet Marketing Tools
- Are you a Webmaster?
- Sitesearch will speed up your prospecting for Jamaican recipes on this Web site...One click and you're on your way. Yah Mon
- Mavis, my lovely wife, and I decided a few years ago that we would like to teach Jamaican cooking to some of our customers who were asking us to reveal our cooking methods and techniques to them.