Jamaican recipes that will make you say... YAH MON!
Can you say? "Hold the spice," Of course you can! These Jamaican Recipes will make
you the talk of the town, neighborhood, school, social club, church, campsite...you
You will impress your friends with these exotic recipes.
What is RSS?
Have you ever tried these Jamaican recipes: Brown Stewed Fish, Escovitch Fish, Curry Chicken, Goat Meat,
Rice & Peas, Seasoned Rice, Cabbage and Salt Fish, Cornmeal Porridge, Banana
Porridge, Sorrell, Ginger Beer, Calaloo and Dumplings, Bulla?
Or Plantain Tarts, Gizzarda, Top and Bottom, Asham, Beef Pattie and Coco Bread,
Bun & Cheese, Toto, Jerk Chicken, Yam & Banana with Saltfish, Bully Beef & Bread,
and Dutty Gal?
Or Shad & Banana, Red Herring & Crackers, Mackerel & Banana...to rahtid,
cuyah...eh...eh. a yahso it deh... YAH MON Oh! Sorry (I shall now switch to Her
Majesty's English) I got carried away.
Yes, it's easy to get carried away when talking/writing about these foods. I get the
mouth-watering effect that makes me hungry.
Some of the names of the foods mentioned in the above sentences may not sound
familiar to you, but don’t worry…you’ll become an expert cook making these dishes
in no time.
Another thing not to worry about is how you pronounce the names of the food…if you
don’t get it, big deal. Taste is what we are concerned about, not names.
And if you meet a Mr. or Mrs. brag & boast know-it-all Jamaican cook, be nice to him/her,
and try to get some of his/her method of cooking, believe me the knowledge wont
HOLD THE SPICE
In our three little restaurants in Atlanta, Georgia we have heard several people say
they like the Jamaican food but it’s “too spicy.” That’s before they try anything on
our menu…go figure.
And to their surprise, after tasting a sample of our food, such as Stew Chicken or
Oxtail, their expression was,"this is soooo good, can I have the recipe?" "mmm...Sure"
See, no need to hold the spice. Why? It isn’t hot and spicy at all.
You can cook any Jamaican food with or without hot peppers and it will taste just as
good. I do it all the time.
And you know, Jamaicans have children too, and children are not too happy about
eating anything that burns their mouths. Ask them.
We cook so that the family can enjoy the food, from the old to the young.
But seriously, when I give you these authentic Jamaican Recipes and you prepare
them following our directions you will say YAH MON, after sucessful completion of your cooking, or yell something
close to it.
In the meantime, "hold the spice" bottle until you drip it dry.
For Jamaican Recipes...Jamaican Recipes...Jamaican Recipes(ECHO)
Table of Contents
- Jamaican food recipe online at last
- Jamaican food recipe, break the rules as much as possible…do <b>a likkle a dis an’ a likkle a dat.</b>
- Jamaican Cooking
- Have you ever wondered how that Jamaican Cooking ever gets done?
- Jamaican Drinks
- Common Jamaican Drinks for every occasion
- Jamaican Jerk Chicken, the Jamaican Barbecue.
- This Jamaican Jerk Chicken will make your party, Hot, Hot, Hot.
- Curry Goat, the other red meat.
- Curry Goat is the party’s most important dish.
- Taste of Jamaica, Jamaican Restaurants
- Jamaican Restaurants that bring you a taste of Jamaica in Atlanta, Georgia.
- jamaican recipes links
- jamaican-recipes link partners
- Jamaican Vegetarian Food.
- Simply old time delicious Jamaican Vegetarian Food
- Jamaican Breakfast
- On Sundays, <b>Jamaican Breakfast</b> is like a dinner meal in many households throughout the island. You are presented with such a variety of foods that you become satisfied as soon as you sit dow
- Jamaican Snacks
- Unique Jamaican snacks defined for your pleasure.
- Internet Marketing Tools
- SBI Reference Center, Web Tools
- Jamaican Porridge
- Jamaican Porridge, Liquid Nutrition Meals
- Sitesearch will speed up your prospecting for Jamaican recipes on this Web site...One click and you're on your way. Yah Mon
- Solomon-a-Gundy is a Jamaican fish paste.
- : Solomon-a-gundy is the Jamaican fish paste made mainly from smoked herring and island spices. Use a dip or
- Blue drawers
- Blue Drawers, Duckunoo, or Tie Leaf are the names that are given to this boiled pudding
- Cow Foot
- Cow foot stew Jamaican style is a "fifth quarter" delicacy that must be had at least once a month.
- Sugar and Water
- Sugar and Water the tropical cooler used in quenching your thirst in the Jamaican weather.
- Curry Shrimp
- Easy does it for this type of Curry Shrimp, because it males all the
- Jamaican Oxtail
- Jamaican Oxtail, modern cooking method.
- Red Peas Soup
- Delicious Jamaican Red Peas soup
- Make Curry Chicken like a pro
- Enjoy Curry Chicken,one of Jamaica's favorite food anytime you like.
- sorrel, the other thrist quencher
- Sorrel, the easy way
- Olde Style Ginger Beer
- Jamaican Olde Style Ginger Beer, good to the last drop
- Irish Moss
- Increase your libido with Irish Moss
- Soursop fruit .. a delicious fruit you can eat or drink
- Rice and Peas
- The Jamaican style Rice and Peas, can be served with any meat stew.
- Fried Plantains
- Jamaican-style Fried Plantains are the snacks yuor food cant do without
- Gizzada is the true Jamaican Coconut Tart that is uniquely Jamaican
- Cornmeal Pudding
- Cornmeal Pudding is one of Jamaica's favorite treats.
- Poor People Cooking
- Usual Poor People Recipes
- Jamaican Hot Chocolate
- The Jamaican hot chocolate “tea” is then made by grating the chocolate balls on a medium grain grater, and then boiling the grated chocolate with ample amount of water.
- Jamaican Fish Tea
- Jamaican Fish tea in the strictest sense is a light soup or broth.
- Jamaica Brown Stew Fish
- An island favorite you cant do without...Brown Stew Fish
- Front End Lifter
- Front End Lifter is a general term used for any of the several drinks that have more than an ample amount of ground cashews or peanuts, oatmeal, tiger bone, and sometimes Irish moss.
- Stew Peas & Rice
- Well hello to this Stew Peas and Rice recipe, you've waited long enough.
- Tripe (and Beans)
- <b>Tripe and beans</b> is one of those dishes that gives you the feeling that you’ve made something really special and no one can question it.
- Mavis, my lovely wife, and I decided a few years ago that we would like to teach Jamaican
- Jamaican Rum
- Jamaican Rum is a medicinal aid, too. If you feel like you are about to have a cold or flu,